Oh summer in Flagstaff! Are you ready for the warm days, cool nights and all around amazingness that Flagstaff has to offer in the summer? I know I am! I love the lazy days, the pool time, and just about everything summer has to offer! Summer is a great time to travel with the family, but it is so hard to leave this amazing town in the summer when the weather is so great! I always look forward to the monsoon season too, when the flowers come out again and everything smells amazing. Here is a list of five fun free summer events, all of which our family has done frequently. I am so ready to dive in again! Please click on the links for more information.
- Kids Squared Wednesdays from 10-11am starting June 15th at Heritage Square! These events are for age 2-12 years old. I used to go to these fun meet ups when my kids were younger and it was always fun.
- Movies on the Square These movies are on Saturday nights from Memorial Day through Labor Day and start close to dark. Bring a chair and a blanket, you know how it get chilly when the sun goes down here in the summer!
- Concerts in the Park Every Wednesday in June and July! This may be my favorite! This year they are opening with Flagstaff Music School performances, then the main event is from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Bring blankets and chairs and get ready to dance!
- Story time at the library. There are events at both our Main Library downtown and the eastside location. This is for infants up to five years olds.
- Beautiful hikes. There are so many great books on this topic and so many hikes to choose from depending on your needs and interests! A few favorites are the Lava Tubes, Mt. Elden, Fatman’s Loop, Buffalo Park, every trail in-between Elden and the Peaks (so so many!) and the San Francisco Peaks, I could go on and on on this topic!