Fall can be a fun time of year with all of the festivals, holidays and changing leaves. Here are a few fun ideas to celebrate the changing season with your family, on a date night or as a fun girl’s day out…
1) Apple Picking. There is apple picking at Slide Rock on October 21st at their Fall Festival! We have lots of apple trees around town and some are on public property. Others are in people’s yards (so please dome go picking those!) and I often see boxes and boxes of “free apples” that these folks want to get rid of.
2) Take pictures in the changing leaves! I love visiting Arizona Snowbowl, Hart Prairie Road, Lockett Meadow and Oak Creek Canyon to see the stunning colors this time of year. This happens to be my very favorite activity.
3) And on that note, hiking in Flagstaff during this time of year is extra amazing! The temperatures are wonderful and the sights are stunning. I would recommend the same 4 spots that I go to take pictures.
4) Start planning for Halloween. We take turns making and buying costumes. This year we are due to make some costumes! My oldest was a homemade vending machine a few years ago.
5) Pile up those leaves and go play! The tree park in Flagstaff is a fun place to see lots of leaves falling and what a great photo opportunity, tossing leaves in the air!
6) Head to a coffee shop for the yummy fall treats and pumpkin spice lattes we hear everyone raving about this time of year. Where is your favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte?
7) Go and enjoy a football game. The Lumberjack season is in full swing, see their schedule here!